Though you have the ability to fix and construct things, still, there are specific skills, qualifications, and attributes to achieve in order to become a builder.
A builder repairs, fixes, and constructs buildings as well as houses, or modify the existing building to provide it a new look, purpose, and form. As a builder, your job is also to submit permits and plans to the councils, organize the materials that are delivered, and manage the crews that are working on the site.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Learn quickly about the technical activities
- Leadership & management skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
Education and Training for an Aspiring Builder
If you are planning to become a builder in Phoenix, you must complete the VET qualification, specifically for construction and building. Be informed that prerequisites, along with subjects, varies depending on institutions. So, you have to communicate with your institution for accurate and further information.
To become a builder, you also need to study at a university with a course of building or construction management. To obtain these courses, you need to complete first your Senior Secondary Education and get a certificate of it.
In other states, a builder must work under a registered practitioner’s supervision or be a registered building practitioner himself. To achieve this, make sure that you completed the entire training for builders and have relevant experience in this industry.
Duties & Responsibilities of A Builder
- Interpret & examine the plans of clients
- Arrange drawing plans
- Submit prices or quotations for a specific project to the client
- Organize each plan submission to specific local authorities for inspections and approval of working in a building
- Manage and supervise on-site crews
- Comply with legal contract laws
- Manage the deliveries of materials
How Do I Know If I Am Fit to Become A Builder?
There are skills needed for every job you want to take – and as for builders, here are the skills you have to become successful in the construction & building industry:
- Ability to do manual labor
- Basic skills in Math for reading plans
- Organizational skills
- In-depth work ethic
If you have a passion for building and construction, becoming a builder will be not that difficult for you. Be determined and do not be afraid of the job you are dreaming of as long as you know how to work with passion.